What is Salvation?
Salvation is a term from the Bible used to identify the change wrought by God in the total being of any person who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Salvation affects a person’s current condition as well as their future destination. In the present, salvation includes being in a right relationship with God, thus giving one’s life new meaning and significance. Regarding the future, salvation involves residing in the presence of God in heaven for eternity.
How can I receive Salvation?
To receive this salvation offered by God you must understand several things:
- You must understand that you have sinned.
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)
- All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. (Isaiah 53:6)
- You must understand sin’s penalty.
- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of god is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.(Romans 6:23)
- Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father, as well as the soul of the son is Mine; the soul who sins shall die. (Ezekiel 18:4)
- You must understand that out of love God sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for sin.
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive by the Spirit: (I Peter 3:18)
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
- Because Jesus paid the penalty for sin, you can be forgiven.
- Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man(Jesus) is preached to you the forgiveness of sins: (Acts 13:38)
- To Him (Jesus) all the prophets witness that, through His name whoever believes in Him (Jesus) shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43)
- You must understand that Christ is the Only Way to receive salvation.
- Jesus said unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)
- Nor is there salvation in any other,: for there is no other name (Jesus) under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
- To receive salvation you must respond with repentance and belief in Jesus Christ.
- Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. (Acts 3:19)
- Jesus said, Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. (John 6:47)
If you have not yet made a decision to receive God’s offer of salvation, you can do so this moment by sincerely calling upon the Lord in prayer. The Bible says whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord (Jesus) shall be saved. The following simple words prayed from the heart will bring you into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner, I know that You love me and want to save me. Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God, who died on the cross to pay for my sins. I believe God raised You from the dead. I now turn from my sin and, by faith, receive You as my personal Lord and Savior. Come into my heart, forgive my sins, and save me, Lord Jesus. In Your name I pray, Amen.